If this sounds like you, join us January 26-28 for a collaborative innovation-themed case competition and hackathon hosted by AT&T in collaboration with the High Tech Association of USC Marshall! This event will bring together students from University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering and Marshall School of Business to engage in collaborative computer programming and business pitch competition to produce a web, mobile, or any software technology from scratch.
Submit your application here: https://goo.gl/forms/gpPAUAgl4it56Vxl2
Applications are due at 9 PM on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Learn more about AT&T here: https://youtu.be/ZMxGOLl3Gfs
Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team-focused mindset and be prepared to team-up with other students- every group needs a good balance of talent and your skills are needed!
This event will feature an onsite team formation component so be prepared to engage in a unique 60-second open-mic pitch event at the kick-off event! Whether you are a developer, designer, financial manager, project manager, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event.
A brief overview of AT&T’s technology portfolio to help kick start your research and hacking! We will have a room assigned to you on campus for group use, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have mentors to assist you in your business pitch presentation.
• 4:45 PM – Doors open
• 5:00 PM – Welcome & Case Hack Overview
• 5:30 PM – Speaker/Presentations
• 6:00 PM – Open Mic Pitch
• 6:45 PM – Mixer/Team Formation
• 8:00 PM – Final Team Formation Decisions Due
• 9:00 AM - Teams assigned to a breakout room
• Hack, Hack, Hack!
• 9:00 AM – Final presentation decks/demos due
• 12:45 PM – Doors open
• 1:00 PM – Welcome & Judge Introductions
• 1:20 PM –Pitch presentations begin promptly at 1:20 PM and are limited to 12-minute presentations and 8-minute Q&A per team
• 4:45 PM – Doors open to reception
• 5:00 PM – Winners announced at reception
• 6:00 PM – Reception & Mixer ends
1. Best Overall Hack & Pitch Grand Prize - $1,500 cash prize for the team to split
2. Best Social Impact Tech Hack & Pitch - $750 cash prize for the team to split + $150 value tech gadget gift per team member
3. Most Innovative Tech Hack & Pitch - $750 cash prize for the team to split + $150 value tech gadget gift per team member.
• 25% Weight – Determine effective and appropriate use of AT&T’s unique technology portfolio(s) and market position
• 25% Weight - Originality of idea and ability to clearly articulate what your app does
• 25% Weight - Technical implications/implementation for the use and management of this new technology and design/polish of app/solution
• 25% Weight - Implications on AT&T’s current business model, profitability, and impact to customer experience
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com.
c/o University of Southern California 630 Childs Way, Popovich Hall 310, Los Angeles, CA 90089, United States
Contact the organizers