On June 20, 2020, MGSA hosted an open board meeting to present specific initiatives that we as a board have identified to address issues of systemic racism, diversity, and inclusion at Marshall.
Some of these steps include:
- Partnering with USC Marshall administration and collaborate with student groups to integrate a stronger emphasis on DEI during orientation and in the Core curriculum.
- Promoting increased awareness and engagement with these issues through MGSA events, including MBA mixers, Leading Voices in Business, Courageous Conversations, Marshall Takes the Mic, and more.
- Participating in anti-racist training as a Board before the Fall semester begins.
- Prioritizing diversity during our Core Representative recruitment process at the beginning of the Fall semester.
- Leveraging our platform and position to highlight and amplify the voices of Marshall affinity groups and their programming.
- Co-sponsoring events led by Marshall affinity groups, such as the Forward Summit, and cross-collaborations between affinity groups and functional/career clubs.
A recording of the meeting, as well as the deck, can be found below.