HLA organizes a number of events throughout the year to allow Marshall students to learn about healthcare and network with leading companies in the industry. Along with the annual events described here, HLA also hosts other events, such as panels, mixers, and educational workshops.
Fall Networking Reception
HLA hosts an annual Fall Networking Reception to connect current students with recent alumni in the healthcare industry. The event provides the opportunity for students to learn more about companies early in the recruitment process and build relationships with recruiters and alumni in an intimate setting. Companies that have been invited include Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, EY, PwC, Genentech, Medtronic, and Boston Scientific.
Want to visit the hottest healthcare companies in California and meet USC alumni working in the industry? We have treks for that.
We give our members an up close and personal perspective on the companies and positions they want and an opportunity to expand their professional network. Previously, we have visited companies like Gilead Sciences, McKesson, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, Kaiser, Medtronic, and Genentech, and continue to build relationships with the companies you want to work for.
Case competitions are an exciting way to put your Marshall business acumen to the test.
- Learn real world issues and solve real world business cases in the healthcare industry with your Marshall companions against MBA programs throughout the world.
- Tackle issues such as developing sustainable health in Haiti, implementing a point-of-care HIV diagnostic testing for infants in Africa, or digital marketing for a major pharmaceutical company.
- Work in teams not only with fellow Marshall students, but also with other healthcare graduate students from programs like USC Keck, Pharma, MHA, and MPH.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to present to senior leadership of leading healthcare organizations and universities, and network with MBAs and healthcare graduates from across the US and world.
HLA partners with the Marshall Case Competition Program Office to support teams involved in healthcare cases. This will bring additional resources and leverage to support teams by:
- Inviting individuals involved in the competition last year to share lessons learned
- Discussing tips on navigating the sometimes treacherous and always competitive case competition waters
- Supporting the managing of deadlines and broadcasting competition opportunities.
HLA's goal is to propel all teams to first place, thereby igniting Marshall's brand as a leader in business and healthcare graduate programs.